We’re celebrating the Tour de France with a month of themed tastings and giveaways, with our mates at Clapton cycle shop Hub Vélo.
Visit the shops this month to take part in our free Tour de France wine tastings and for the chance to WIN a 12-bottle TDF17 wine tasting case and Hub Vélo cycle kit in our #VeloVin competition.
Time to make Froome for a new champ? If you’re a demon on two-wheels, there’s also praise and prizes up for grabs, for anyone who can best the Hub Vélo Tour de Borough Wines. Scroll down for more details…
A Taste of the Tour
Each weekend during the Tour, we’re opening three wines in the shops for you to try for free. All of these wines are made in regions on this year’s race route and the complete set is available as the Tour de France Wine Tasting Case (£175).
It’s now weekend two and we’re cleats-deep in Bordeaux – with an all-Organic line up from that most venerable wine region.
If your calves don’t look like Mark Cavendish’s, as much as, er… actual baby cows, don’t despair. There is still glory to be had this TDF and for nothing more energetic than taking a picture on your phone.
There’s a cycle jersey on display in all of our London shops and another in Hub Vélo’s Clapton bike shop. For the chance to win the full 12-bottle TDF wine tasting case and a Hub Vélo cycle kit, take a picture of this jersey in store and share it on Twitter or Instagram using #Velovin and tagging @boroughwines and @hubvelo.
T&Cs at the bottom of the page.
The Hub Vélo Tour de Borough Wines
Feeling inspired and looking for a two-wheel challenge of your own? The guys at Hub Vélo have designed a cycle route taking in all the Borough Wines London shops, and there’s free fizz for anyone who completes it on two wheels.
Successful riders will also be entered into a prize draw to win a magnum of Gosset Champagne and a selection of Hub Vélo cycle goodies.
To enter, download the route and log yourself riding it on the Strava app. Send us a screen-shot (email@example.com) and we’ll send you a voucher for a free 20cl bottle of Prosecco.
Cycle safely. It’s not about speed and it doesn’t matter if you deviate slightly from the GPS route. As long as you pass all of the shops, we’ll count it. Full T&Cs at the end of the page.
As of yet, no one has successfully completed the route – so it’s all to ride for!
- We’ll randomly pick one winner from all entrants on 23rd July and notify them on 24th July.
- One entry per jersey, per person, but you can enter up to nine times by sharing a picture from multiple shops.
- Winner must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
- We’ll contact the winner via the platform they used to enter (Twitter or Instagram) and they will have 30 days to respond. If we do not hear back during this time, we will do another random draw.
- The prize is for 1 x Borough Wines Tour de France Wine Tasting Case and 1 x Hub Vélo cycle kit. No cash alternative will be offered.
Hub Vélo Tour de Borough Wines
- Send us us a screenshot of the completed route on your Strava app and we’ll send you a voucher for a free 20cl bottle of Prosecco (while stocks last). We’ll also be dead impressed.
- All cyclists who complete the route will also go into a draw to win a magnum of Gosset Champagne, as well as a haul of Hub Vélo goodies.
- It’s ok to deviate slightly from the GPS route – to qualify, we only ask that you pass each of the shops.
- There’s no prizes for speed – go as slow as you please and cycle safely (which means no alcohol until AFTER you’ve finished the ride!).
- One entry per person and only routes completed before 23 July will be counted.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
- The prize is one magnum of Gosset Champagne and no cash alternative is available.
- We will contact the winner of the Gosset Champagne on 24/07/17 and they will have 30 days to respond. If we do not hear back during this time, we will do another random draw.